Monday, March 23, 2009

The difference between hard times and hopelessness, The power of e-Prayer?, and deals websites

Well, to start with, i had mentioned my wife having "possibilities on the horizon". That would be today, and tomorrow. So, hopefully this morning went well, and please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow!

So, the difference between hard times and hopelessness. What does that mean? Well, that's what we have been finding out lately. I've pretty much taken the hard line that "we're poor now", "we're broke", "it's hopeless" etc. But I'm beginning to see that in order to be truly hopeless, it's not just a lack of money, but also a lack of people who care about you. Our family and friends have been very compassionate and helpful since Jenny lost her job. It's a great feeling to know how much you are cared for, and that even in the darkest situations, other people will so readily serve as a beacon of light and hope. Well, there's your mushiness for the day. What about e-prayers?

My favorite tech news web site (hardocp.com) posted a link to an article about a company that is selling e-prayers. Essentially, you type your prayer in, and a computer will use text-to-speech to recite your prayers for you. After they get your credit card payment, of course. You know, in case you're too busy to pray for yourself each day. Now I'm probably not the best person to give an opinion on this, because my relationship with God does not include long daily prayers or anything, but seriously? I think there is a word for something like this, and I think the word is sloth. Also, not to be presumptuous or anything, but I just can't see God putting too much thought into prayers introduced by HAL 9000.
So, how is this relevent? There seems to be a lot of prayer going around lately, and a lot of "we'll pray for you", due to the economic times. So, yeah, there you go.

And finally, I have used a few "deals" web sites for a few years now to get great prices on stuff, and I've really saved a lot of money, so i figured I'd throw them out there for other people in need of bargains. I know this sounds like an ad pitch, but I promise you I'm not getting paid to say this (and boy do I wish I was!) So, if you're interested in good deals, check out the following web sites, or just google something to the effect of good deals web site. spoofee.com, planetbargains.com, retailmenot.com.

Well, that's all I've got. I see I've got a few people reading these now, so thanks for showing up, and I hope you enjoy.

-Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment